My quick, go-to meal. I am obsessed with noodles…
Prepare your udon noodles by cooking them in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes and then putting them into a colander
Chop up garlic, green beans, tofu, and spring onion
Heat up a saucepan, pour some sesame oil and add the garlic
After 1 minute, pour in some soy sauce, sweet rice wine, sriracha
and a dash of maple syrup to taste
Add the string beans and cook for approximately 4 minutes while stirring
Add the tofu and a pinch of salt
Mix the udon into the saucepan and stir
Pour the noodles into a bowl, add the spring onions and throw in sesame seeds
Green beans are high in fiber, great with preventing blood clots in arteries and veins, controls diabetes, is great for bone health, eye care, and also boosts your immunity! Tofu is high in protein, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, and vitamin B1. ♡ Plant based, baby!
Simple and light, perfect for dinner.
– Boil 1 teaspoon of sesame oil with 3 cups of vegetable broth (I used one from Healthy Options)
– Add 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/3 a large carrot, and a handful of broccoli
– If you’d like, add soy meat/tofu to the mixture and let cook
– After 3 minutes, add the noodles of your choice (I used a mixture of rice & glass noodles) and cook for another 2 minutes
– Add a tablespoon of liquid aminos or vegan soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
– Squeeze in some lemon and it’s ready for you to eat!
Cycling around Stanley Park was so much fun and the scenery was superb!
We worked up our appetites… The Naam is a 24 hour Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant in Vancouver.
Michael had the Tempeh Reuben; marinated tempeh with melted cheese, grilled mushrooms, mustard, sauerkraut & grated beets, on a whole wheat burger bun.
I ordered the Asian Noodle Bowl; rice noodles, bean sprouts, broccoli, red pepper, shiitake mushrooms, deep fried tofu and vegan tempeh strips, in miso broth.
Our meal was good, but I would have to say that Mike ordered the tastier dish. The noodle bowl was full of vegetables and tempeh but I wish the miso soup had more flavour. Over all it was a good and healthy meal! I now know where to go when Im hungry at 3AM in the morning in Vancouver!